December 28, 2014
- Luke 17:12-19 - of the 10 lepers that Jesus healed, only one, a Samaritan (foreigner) returned to thank Him.
- When God has done something for you, He expects you to return to Him to say Thank You!
- Let the redeemed of the LORD say so Psalm 107:2
- We have all been given one chance. We didn't ask for it, but we have been blessed with LIFE.
- Isa 48:17 - God is the one who causes things to work out for us
- Receive things you have been given with gratefulness and especially when they are not all you would have wished for
- James 4:13-15 - Constantly acknowledge God's will in your life.
December 25, 2014
The word 'baby' is a descriptive word for something small. e,g, baby steps, baby car, etc
When God has a baby, it refers to small beginnings
Many of God's purposes and plans begin small.
Matt 13:31 - God's way often includes taking something that is insignificant and small and growing it to the full effect.
3 Characteristics of God's Babies
1. They may not have an impressive beginning
- Luke 2:11-14 - in swadling cloths in a manger
- A new church is God's baby.
- It is a mistake to judge the baby by their size and the manger residence
2. It is a privilege to be invited to attend to that baby
- Matt 2:8-15 - Herod was not invited tp worship the baby, as the wise and the shepherds
- Whatever sacrifice you have to make to attend to God's baby, it is worth it
3. Wise men see the blessing in the invitation and they come to worship the baby
- Matt 2:1-12
- The wise deploy their gift with the baby. They invest themselves into it and do not hold back.
- The baby of the LORD grows and becomes a blessing to all.
December 21, 2014
8 Kinds of Prayer:
1. Prayer of Consecration - the kind of prayer Jesus prayed it at Gethsemane
- Trust God's voice for you and choose it over yours
- Distrust and fear of God's will is of the devil
2. Paying in the Spirit
- Jude 20. ... Building up yourselves in the most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost
- 1 Cor 14:2 - shows what praying in the Spirit means
- When you are praying in the Spirit, God leads you in the prayer to ask for what is necessary
- Acts 2 ...the Spirit gave them utterance...
- It builds you up. Jude 20, 1 Cor 4:12 he that speaker in tongues edifieth himself...
3. The prayer of Faith
- Mark 11:24
4. The Prayer of Confession of Sins
- If you omit this, you have become presumptuous, to approach God as one that had no sin
- Romans 3:23 all have sinned
- 1 John 1:8 if we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us
5. Short and powerful prayers
- Mark 4:36-39
- John 11:41
6. The Long Prayer
- Luke 6:12
7. Loud prayers
- Hebrews 5:7 ...strong crying and tears...
8. The Prayer of Thanksgiving
- 1 Cor 5:18 ...in all things give thanks...
- Eph 5:20 ...giving thanks always for all things...
- Jesus prayed a thanksgiving prayer when Lazarus was dead
- John 6:11 Jesus gave thanks in the face of shortage
December 14, 2014
Ephesians 6:18 - Praying with all payer ...
- Prayer goes with watching and perseverance. Expect to exert yourself and resist your natural urges in order to make room for prayer.
- Jesus' prayer of consecration asking God to let His will be done and not how He felt
- We are reluctant and unwilling to pray conescration prayer because we feel that we know better what is good for us and do not think God will give us things undesirable, or what we do not want.
- God's ways are higher than our ways Isa 55:8-9
- Praying the prayer of consecration and leave God room to do what He would rather do that is better for us in the long run
- Prov 3:5-6 ...do not lean on your own understanding
- The LORD who made our understanding warns us that it is not to be leaned on. Better believe it.
- Phil 2:6-11 - the result of Jesus letting God's will be done.
December 7, 2014
Bishop Joel shares the principles that Daniel applied which made for a successful prayer strategy. Learn why prayer is important and why it must be a vital part of any Christian's life.
December 6, 2014
1 John 5:4 tells us that whatever is born of God overcomes. We need endurance to push through all situations that come our way as Christians.
As Christians we need to include expectations of challenges in our life. We need to develop robust Christian lives.
We must learn to overcome hurts and offenses. We must learn to forgive. We should sow the right seed in order to reap good fruits.
December 5, 2014
This message is about how to stay faithful in one's service to the Lord.
Faithful means that in spite of what happens, you still continue. Sometimes you think you are faithful until something happens to prove you wrong. As Christians, we need to develop stamina to endure the fight.
When something is difficult, it does not mean it should not be done, but it requires relentless pursuit, it requires strength. That's how the Christian life is, it requires a relentless pursuit. There is a struggle behind the beauty of the Christian life. That's why the crown of glory is given to those who endure to the end (Matthew 24:13).
"Well done, thou GOOD and FAITHFUL servant." Matthew 25:23
Good refers to your skills and Faithful refers to your endurance. Let us all hope to hear those words from the Lord.