December 14, 2014
Ephesians 6:18 - Praying with all payer ...
- Prayer goes with watching and perseverance. Expect to exert yourself and resist your natural urges in order to make room for prayer.
- Jesus' prayer of consecration asking God to let His will be done and not how He felt
- We are reluctant and unwilling to pray conescration prayer because we feel that we know better what is good for us and do not think God will give us things undesirable, or what we do not want.
- God's ways are higher than our ways Isa 55:8-9
- Praying the prayer of consecration and leave God room to do what He would rather do that is better for us in the long run
- Prov 3:5-6 ...do not lean on your own understanding
- The LORD who made our understanding warns us that it is not to be leaned on. Better believe it.
- Phil 2:6-11 - the result of Jesus letting God's will be done.