1 Cor 1:18-25
1 Cor 2:6-8
- The wisdom of the cross is of a higher level that the wisdom of the world and the devils could handle.
Sacrifice is denying the self. He said he that will come after me, let him deny himself... that is the thing that rightfully belongs to him, he should forego it.
- The preaching of the cross is foolishness to some (the perishing that are not going to find out the great benefits of it) but is wisdom to another set.
- The sacrifices a christian has to make look like foolish moves to an unbeliever.
Christian Sacrifices: We need to learn to sacrifice our:
1. Time: to learn, pray, read bible, go to church, etc. That is where the power is.
2. Money: our money looks very valuable in church but is low in value when we are buying stuff. But we need to give to a point of sacrifice to support the work of ministry.
3. Family: Luke 14:16-26
4. Comfort and Wellbeing: lose some sleep, drive some distance.
5. Safety and security: you have to do some risky things.