Spiritual distance is not the same as physical distance. When something is physically distant from you, it does not mean that it is spiritually distant from you and vice versa.
Mark 5:6 - The man had many demons but ran to Jesus and worshipped Him.
Mark 1:23 - The man had demons but was in church
Matt 16:16-23 - Peter had revelations from God and was shortly thereafter used of the devil.
1. Physically far away does not mean spiritually far away
2. Physically close does not mean spiritually close.
3. You can be close to someone physically but not benefit from them spiritually. a. Familiarity can block the blessing that a man of God close to you would otherwise be to you. b. Faith brings the blessing to you even when you are separated by time and distance.
4. You do not have to be physically near a person for the anointing to affect you. That is why we need to be in the habit of listening to messages.
5. You can be physically next door to evil powers and they not have an effect on you. Eph 1:18-23 - In Christ we have been placed far above every principality and power...