Our common enemy - the devil.
We automatically have an enemy in the devil by becoming Christian.
Matt 12:43-45 The enemy is interested in recapturing you back to his own. He also puts obstacles in your way to make it least enjoyable for you to be against him.
A christian must learn to identify these strategies and learn how to stand firm against them.
The devils ways are revealed in his names: understand them and you have more ammo to deal with him. e.g. snakes often use camouflage tactics, hiding in the environment that has the same color as them.
1. devil John 6:70 - ...one of you is a devil? - that is he is a type of devil and not 'the devil.' inhumanly wicked or cruel. extreme wickedness. - refusing to do anything to help a situation is wickedness.
2. Satan - hebrew word meaning adversary Job 1:6
3. adversary - when you encounter a certain level of opposition - 1 Peter 5:8-9 - learn yourself how not to be an opposer. Especially when your idea is not taken or when ideas unlike yours are being used.
4. Accuser of the brethren. Rev 12:10, - Job 1:6-11 Look at v8 how God look at Jon and in v9-11 how the devil sees him - finding ulterior motives and so forth. Like a prosecutor in court.
5. Belial - 2 Cor 6:15 Belial means worthless (Hebrew?) -he causes us to throw away valuable things - young people lose interest in school and things that will add value to them,
6. Angel of the bottomless pit: Rev 9:11
7. The god of this world - blinding people, controlling the course of the world. the value systems etc. That is why many things that are valuable in Christ are not valuable in the world.