July 2, 2013
- X is the unknown factor that we have to solve for in algebra. In church, 'person X' is the person that is not known.
- Churches tend to lean more towards person k - k usually denotes the constant - the faithful one that comes all the time.
- The growth and future of your church depends on how you treat person X. Person k does not change based on you input.
- We need to have the compassion that Jesus spoke of in Matt 9:36-38 that even extended into the prayer for more laborers to joing the harvest.
- Acts 10:24-28
How Do We Make A Person X Welcome:
1. Make people feel that we really want them around. This is genuine making people welcome.
2. We must appreciate the people around.
3. Genuinely admire peolpe and what they have, but make sure it is genuine admiration.
4. Show them that you respect them no matter who they are or what they have.
5. Be conscious of people who have inferiority complex and treat them carefully. 2 Cor 8:1-5