- A christian must think about heaven often. - It must affect all you are doing here on earth. - Some things we may do are good and acceptable for here on earth but are not appropriate for someone with a plan for heaven. - It should affect what we are willing to endure to stay heaven ready.
What People Who Did Not Know The LORD Said As They Passed On:
1. Voltaire - one who said the Christianity would end briefly. His house became the depot for the Geneva Bible Society. His nurse swore not to take all the wealth of Europe to avoid seeing another infidel die.
2. Thomas Hobbes: author of 'The Leviathan'. He corrupted many contemp If I had the whole world I would give it to live one day more. I am about to take a leap in the dark.
3. Thomas Cromwell - Earl of Essex - responsible for digging up and burning of the bones of ** as criminals. "The devil is ready to seduce us and I have been seduced. But bear me witness that I die in the catholic faith."
4. Thomas : Until this moment I thought there was neither God nor a devil. But now I know that there are both. And I am doomed by the judgement of God.
5. Robert Green Ingersol - gave 'The mistakes of Moses' lecture. "O God, if there is a God, have mercy on my soul if I have a soul."
6. S. Francis Gilfort - was raised up with the bible but fell into bad company. "From where is this war in my heart. What arguments do I have to assis me in matter of fact. Should I say there is no hell when there is one in my bossom? That I am certain that there is no judgment when I feel present judgment? ... That there is a hell I am surely certain.
7. William Pope - a christian who backslid when his wife died and followed Tom Payne. "No case is comparable to mine. I cannot reverse. God will damn me forever." They used to kick the bible and other blasphemous acts.
**These and more references can be found in the book 'Backsliding' by Dag Heward-Mills - towards the end.
Heb 12:1-3 - v3 For consider him that endured such contradiction of sinners against himself, lest ye be wearied and faint in your minds.