August 19, 2012
1. Demons are challenged by the presence of God. Learn how to cultivate the presence of God around you - how to be in the presence of God. You probably notice how heaviness and depression seem to lift when you come to church...
Why The Presence of God Overcomes Demons:
1. The word of God is preached and taught. Heb 4:12
2. The word of God is a light and it exposes the activities of demons. John 1:5. Notice that the trouble spots in your life are the areas you do not discuss with anyone.
How can we cultivate the presence of God?:
(bring the presence of God around you)
1. Through worship and music. Listening to the right kind of music. There is a wrong kind of music. The devil, the heavenly musician is adept at using music to take the yourh and the culture. 1 Sam 16:14-23, 2 Kings 3:14-16, 2 Chron 5:13-14
2. Prayer - Luke 3:21-22 Jesus prayed and the Holy Ghost descended upon him.
3. Listen to anointed preaching.
August 12, 2012
-Territorialism - learn
-Depression & Mental Disorders
-Unnatural behavior - man could not live in a house Luke 8:27
-Excess Capacity for anything Mark 5:3-4 bound with chains but he plucked them off and broke the chains. Acts 19:13-16. Addictions.
-Self destruction - cutting himself with stones
-Uncontrollable People Mark 5:3-4 neither could any man tame him.
August 7, 2012
Christians must expect that there is a reason God has called them.
A call from God to do anything at all is a privilige and a blessing:
1. Many are called. Matt 22:14 God is interested in many people and provides them opportunity. Not many respond, so few are chosen.
2. There is a call to fruitfulness. A general call to fruitfulness. John 15:16, John 6:44 That is a call to everyone to be fruitful
3. Some people are called in a spectacular way. Acts 9:3-6 Spectacular calling of Paul.
4. Some people are called in an ordinary way. 1 Kings 19:11
5. Some people are called through their desires 1 Tim 3:1 ...if a man desires the office of a bishop. Phil 2:13 ...God worketh in us both to will and do ...
August 5, 2012
-the enemy's plan is to destro us in the end as with the pigs that were drowned.
Characteristics of Demons:
1. Fear - comes to prepare a place for more evil spirits and their evil they bring as you would prepare for a visitor you are expecting.
- it robs you of power, and makes you unable to take on challenges. THe lepers of 2 Kings 7:3-9 tried and found that their supposed obstacle had been overcome for them.
- love is also destroyed by 1 john 4:18
2. Demons make people do unnatural things Mark 5:3 The man lived among tombs, wore no clothes. Mark 5:15 - is restored, to be peaceful among people, wear clothes.
3. Demons cause people to isolate themselves - the man was by himself, not in any house but in the tombs - Luke 8:27