May 29, 2012
- Instructions are direction calling for compliance.
- As you grow you are given more room for discretion (less instruction) but now the instructions becomes way more important. Discretion replaces more and more of the less important instructions.
-We walk by common sense, drive with principles, and fly by instructions.
-John 21:18 When thou was young... As you grow in the LORD, you should be looking out for instructions to obey... that may not have your taste in them.
- 1 Sam 15:19-23 Obedience is better than sacrifice...
- Saul lost the kingdom over what may appear as trivial disobedience, perhaps even with good intentions.
Exo 4:20-25 God was upset with Moses that he had not circumcised his son, and though He had sent him to deliver Israel and invested a lot in him, He was going to kill him for the disobedience.
Prov 4:13 Take fast hold of instruction..
May 27, 2012
Mark 5:1-6 Madman of Gadara ran to worship the LORD. Something we would not expect from a person under the control of evil spirits.
Mark 1:21-26 The church member who did not fail to attend church but was still under the influence of the evil spirits.
-disagreeing and arguing with the preaching is something we should be wary of when we find ourselves doing it. We may not like messages that are cutting close in our lives.
-Peter oscilated between revelations from God and suggestions that are of the devil.
-A Christian can have two spirits present and at work in him.
-It explains the double standards we see in people.
-Christians should not be decieved by the apparent goodness of a person.
-Prospective couples should not be deceived by the apparent goodness of each other - wild things can show up later.
-The Christian business people should not be decieved by the fact that the person they are dealing with is a Christian.
May 13, 2012
Heb 6:10-12 Be followers of them who through faith and patience inherit the promises. Be a fast follower, not slow, sluggish.
In order to have a faster way of getting ahead, learn from others. You appear more experienced than you are from using their encounters.
Ruth 1 and 2
1. Ruth 1:13 Naomi gave practical advice. She had the interest of the daughters at hear and gave them some advice to rather benefit them than her. Go for things that work in life, not look good.
2. Ruth 2:19 Naomi taught Ruth that its a blessing when someone favors and takes a liking to you. Its a blessing a to noticed, liked, chosen.
May 1, 2012
With Rev. Kweku Amponsa
Have Faith that the Church Will Work:
God will do a great thing when He finds us faithful.