February 28, 2012
1 Sam 30:6
In life you need how to motivate and encourage yourself to continue in whatever endeavour God has given you to undertake. We often depend on external factors, like opinions of others.
1Sam 30:1-6 The account of the raid.
1. Develop a personal relationship with the Holy Spirit. Developed by faith. Holy Spirit is the Comforter.
1 John 4:4, John 14:16-18
2. Recieve living messages from God by simply reading the scriptures.
3. Remember other problems that God has delivered you from. Deut 8:3 The intensity of the experience that the LORD subjected Israel to was strongly imprint the lesson that man does not live by bread alone but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of the LORD. The raising of Lazarus in John 11 was an extreme case that would teach us something that we will not forget.
4. Make Positive Confessions. Your faith is a shield Eph 6:16
5. Learn to listen to appropriate tapes and get fired up. The word is God. John 1:1
6. Play the right music at the right time. Use music to create the environs you need.
7. Avoid depressive and discouraging people.
February 28, 2012
What you need in a war more is to be wiser than the enemy and act before he acts. The strength of the artillery is not as important as that in winning. If the enemy is superior in arms, and you are smarter, you can be steps ahead of him, getting away before he strikes.
Bible talks of two kinds of wisdom: James 3:13-17
The wisdom that we need is that which is from God that begins by fearing God - Prov 9:10
It is the fool that denies the reality of God in his heart. Ps 14:1, 53:1. It shows in how we live our lives. The one who even goes on to vocalize it, its an extreme case.
Characteristics of The Wisdom of God:
-easy to be intreated
-full of good fruits
February 19, 2012
- Psalm 119:105 - Light is so important to function that it were better not to do some things because of lack of light, than to attempt it in the darkness. - Ps 132:17 - John 8:12 Jesus said that He is the light of the world. There are other things in the world but they are not the light. - John 1:1 The Word is God!
February 12, 2012
How To Avoid Mistakes When Being Led By the Holy Spirit:
-hearken diligently to the voice of God
-that is if you can hear and do what God is saying. It implies that God is speaking all the time but we are the ones that may not hear it.
-God wants to be involved in all your life - have an input into all parts of it.
Voices we can hear:
-Your mind (logical sense)
-Your will (what you want to do)
Gen 26:1-6 - Isaac obeyed God when there was famine and the logical thing (even he was considering to do) was to move Egypt. But God told him to stay in Gerar.
Gen 26:12- Isaac obeyed and was greatly blessed from even the first harvest. He waxed great, went forward, and grew, and became very great.
- The effect of a blessing is like an escalator - if one is walking on it, it makes his step account for 3 or 4 steps. A curse is the exact opposite.
The primary requirement to know the voice of God is to know the word of God. That will enable you tobe acquainted with the type of things that God says.
3 Things You Can Use To Test Whether What You Are Hearing is The Voice of God or Avoid Mistakes When Being Led By the Holy Spirit:
1. a multitude of counselors Prov 11:14 - Counselors are not just our friends and contemporaries that are in the same situations, and perhaps lack boldness to speak honestly about difficult matter. Someone you can look up to for counsel and will not equalize.
2. Prove all things 1Thes 5:21
3. The confirmation of 2 or 3 witnesses. 2Cor 13:1
Gen 41:32 - Joseph used the repetition of Pharaoh's dream.
February 7, 2012
It is possible to be laboring a lot but fail to please LORD for having left that first love.
First love is unlike any love as it becomes later.
v5 God considers shifting from the first love toward Him as 'falling'.
First love is characterized by the things we did at the first. It is by remembering the things that were
at the beginning that we can know how to return to the first love.