1. You need to lead people that God has already touched. John 6:44, Acts 8:26-39 - Openness that people have toward your message. - Questions people may be asking.
Things someone must be made to understand:
1. Help person to understand that God loves him and has a plan for his life. Many people interpret the conviction of the Holy Spirit as condemnation. John 3:16-17
2. Man is sinful and separated from God. Isa 59:1-2, Rom 3:23, 6:23a
3. Jesus Christ is God's only provision for man's sins. Rom 5:8, Rom 6:23b
4. We must indivdually receive Christ in our heart in order to benefit from His salvation. John 1:11-12
5. How do I know that Christ is in my life? Rev 3:20, 1 John 5:11-13
John 20:30-31, John 21:35 Things God has presented in Scripture are what is needed for our salvation, not to answer every question on earth.
2 Cor 5:17
Chrisitanity is more of a relationship than a religion. Religions are man's effort, therefore comprise of things to do to be acceptable to God.
What do you do with the inner man?
1 Peter 2:1-2 Feed the spirit that is born again with the word of God. Not prayer, fasting etc. They are good but you need food to grow.
1 Cor 9:24-27 - keep the body under subjection. Your flesh is strong and will convey you wherever it wills unless you keep it under control. Rom 12:1-2 - Present your body ( have control of it to direct it unto sacrificial uses for the LORD). -Be transformed by renewing of your mind.
1 Peter 5:8 The devil is looking for people to devour. If you are not alert, you are candidate prey.
Angels are helpers of our faith: fallen angel work against us in the same manner - they are the demons.
1. be conscious of their existence
2. understand the nature of their activities so you can know how to fight it.
Nature of Demons: - they can live in people - a person can be under Holy Spirit but still be under influence of demons - demons a territorial by nature
Characteristics of Demons:
- the first thing they introduce into a person is fear. Fear is a spirit not an emotion. Heb 2:14-15
i) fear makes us hide from God
ii) make you hide your gifts and talents
iii) fear takes away your sound mind
iv) fear robs you of power and courage
v) fear take away your ability to walk in love. You can't trust people.
Fear disguises itself in precaution.
- always, night and day he was .. crying ...
- a product of unhappiness and depression
Do things that hurt them but do not stop doing it:
- ...cutting himself with stones.
- One thing about Christ is He believed the Father. It is impossible to follow without believing because the things on the way require it. For Jesus, he had to die for sinful mankind.
Matt 16:26 What is a man profited if he shall gain the whole world and lose his own soul? Or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?
- We need to understand a lot about an enemy or subject in order to deal with it properly.
- The devil does not spare anyone. Luke 4:12-13 Even Jesus had to face the devil in temptaion. And the devil left Him for a more favorable moment.
- The man lived in a cemetery, among the tombs. A place of fear. When fear attacks, it is a demonic spirit. Fear, frightening dreams, etc. - 2 Tim 1:7 Living in fear is yielding your life to the demon of fear. Always makes you smaller or less than you can be. - Fear leads us to irrational actions. Gen 3:9-10. We also fear a hide from God, Church, others knowing that we are Christians, etc. - fear makes you hide gifts and talents Matt 25:14-25 (its too small, it will demand too much of me, it will alter my schedule unfavorably) -Fear takes away your sound mind. You act abnormally when afraid: by taking away your peace of mind 2 Tim 1:7 - Fear takes power and courage away from you. 2 Tim 1:7 - Fear destroys love 1 John 4:18