April 29, 2012
-Every Christian is engaged in a warfare, described as wrestling match Eph 6:12 -When you are engaged in a battle it is very important to be able to identify the enemy.
-1 Peter 5:8 The enemy is seeking for someone to devour, implies that not everyone is devourable.
Especially if you learn from the word of God about him. 2Cor 10:4
-Rev 12:7-9 - The devil and his angels were cast out into the earth. They live to deceive the whole world.
-Heb 1:3-14 Angels are ministering spirits sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation. The angels who fell use the same empowerment they had on the good side to work against us.
Topics to Come: -Nature of Evil Spirits -The Activities of Evil Spirits -How to deal with evil spirits to overcome them.
We need to learn how to identify the evil spirits when they are at work, to call things by what they are.
Matt 15:22-25 The woman was able to diagnose the problem accurately - vexed with a devil. Mark 9:17-19 - the man accurtely diagnosed his son's problem to evil spirits.
-It pays to live holy and pure yourself that you may not have compromised with the enemy and lose power over him.
April 24, 2012
Ezekiel 34:1-6, 12
The shepherd gathers the sheep and protects them. Lack of a shepherd => Scattering of the sheep, therefore making them prey.
The devil has nothing else to do than to look how to hinder the work of God.
1. The devil does not want you to go at all. v1-9
2. The devil attempts to keep you from going too far. Exodus 8:25-28
3. Even if you are going deep and far, he wants you to go alone. Exodus 10:8-11
4. If he can't keep you from going with everyone, he tries to retain your flocks (your money) Exodus 10:24-26
April 15, 2012
1. During your quiet time you develop the most important relationship of your life.
Matt 7:21-23 - Imagine after spending so much time involved in God's work, but at the end He says He does not know you if you do not develop this personal reationship.
2. Having a quiet time makes you develop the most important habit of all time. What is a habit? A recurrent, often unconscious pattern of behavior that is acquired through frequent repetition. An established disposition of the mind or character. Brushing teeth, tv, entertainment, sports, facebook, etc.
Habits in The Bible:
1. Jesus Like 4:16 - Jesus had a habit of attending church
2. Jesus John 18:1-2 He went to the garden to pray & meet with His disciples
3. Daniel 6:10 - Daniel had a habit of prayer
3. During Quiet Time, you draw near to God James 4:8
Heb 4:1 There are promises that God has that we must learn about, lest we miss out. Like entering into eternal life.
4. A quiet time makes you read the most important book in the world. The Bible - still the world's best seller book.
1 Peter 1:20-21, - ...holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.
2 Timothy 3:16-17 - All scripture is inspired by God
5. A quiet time is your personal school of the word. John 16:12-13
6. During your quiet time, you increase in your personal knowledge of scriptures
a. 2 Peter 1:5 - ...add knowledge to virtue,...
Prov 31:1-5, Prov 6:26 - reasons for following certain priciples that you can learn from reading the bilbe.
b. The word of God is the sword of the Spirit. Heb 4:12
7. During your quiet time you experience the presence of God.
Adam until the fall enjoyed the presence of God.
John 1:1 In the beginning was the word and the word was with God and the Word was God... The word is God
April 13, 2012
-Ressurection is fundamental to Christianity.
-Jesus Calmly announced His death and said He would rise again after three days. He was not an unfortunate victim of the cruelty of man.
-Jesus conqured death - the place where all help man can give stops. He took on man's greatest enemy.
1 Cor 15:1-23, 50-58
- Ressurection is most important central belief for Christianity.
- If there is no ressurection, then we have no hope, and are false teachers.
- Working for the LORD makes sense and is derived from believing in the ressurection. 1Cor 15:58 is the conclusion of the whole ressurection discussion.
- Rev 20:11-15 - Book of life is the most important place to be
- Mark 8:36, Matt 16:26 What shall it profit a man ...