January 15, 2012
7. The biblical examples of Chruch were big churches. Acts 2:41-42
8. So that more workers and laborers are released into the harvest Matt 9:37-38
9. We will able to have more ministers.
10. AS the church grows larger, more people will be involved in prayer.
11. We willhave more prayer against the power of 'the prince of the air' Eph 6:12-18
12.More prayer means there willbe greater manifestation of miracles.
13. There will be greater expectation (because of the increased results of increased prayer from increased church) and therefore greater faith.
14. More evangelism is possible.
15. More people means a greater income for the work of ministry. More missionaries sent, etc.
16. Special ministries to special needs.
17. More beloveds. (for the different kinds, ages, backgrounds,etc of people.)
18. More marriages.
19. More contacts and connections.
20. More jobs.
21. Different needs of the congregation can be met.
22. It becomes a force to reckon with, not easily despised by opposers.
January 10, 2012
1. People have many opinons about Jesus Christ v12 - for some said He is a good man and others said He deceiveth the people.
Everybody has their own perception, sometimes easy to see, sometimes not. Good preaching addresses the different mindsets that there may be.
2. Some people think that Jesus was just a good man.
3. Some people think that Jesus was a deceiver.
4. Some people see Jesus just a great teacher v15 - how knoweth this man letters never having learned?
5. Some people think that Jesus was demon posessed v20 - thou has a devil
6. Some people see Jesus as a doer of miraculous things v31
7. Some people see Jesus as a prophet v40
8. Some people see Jesus as the Christ, the Messiah, Savior v41
9. Mat 16:15 Peter said He is Christ,the son of the Living God.
But whom do you say He is?
See Him as Savior and He will cleanse you of sin and save You!
January 10, 2012
1. Most appropriate vision to have, both as a church and as individuals. When the church grows, your life grows with it.
a. The church is the body of Christ. We are committed to taking care of our bodies, and respect and consult with those who help us there with. By the same token, Christ pays attention to those who help to build His body.
b. We are building His habitation.
c. It is His (God) bride
2. Having a vision for church growth will lead us on the right journey. Your vision always affects what you do. All actions & decisions. We will be aggressive in reaching out to invite and evangelize.
3. God has predicted that our end will be greater than the beginning. Job 8:7
4. Many people are decieved to think that the works is being done by others but it is not. Matt 9:37
5. God's will is that His house may be filled. Luke 14:23
6. Our harvest field is the world.
January 1, 2012
A ship must constantly adjust bearing to stay on course and neutralize the effects of swaying, wind, currents etc that are ever moving it off course. Covenant Sunday is a good opportunity to check our alignment with the target God has set for us.
What is the most important thing in keeping with the LORD?
#1 Instruction is that we Love the LORD our God with all our hearts, souls and minds.
God expects us to love Him to the extent that we give ourselves for Him just as He loved the Church and gave Himself for her.
May the LORD help us to love Him and to give ourselves to Him as He has given Himself for us.
January 1, 2012
2012 is the year in which all churches must grow, more building, more expansion 1. It is the most appropriate vision for the church to have. It is the more appropriate vision to have as individuals. Matt 6:25-33 God wants us to seek the Kingdom first because that is His priority. The Church is God's priority project. He takes care of us when we involve ourselves in it. Matt 16:18 - THe church is God personal project.
2. It is an important vision to have becuase the church is the LORD's body. We go to any expense to take care of our bodies. Eph 1:20-23 - the Church is the body of the LORD.
3. This is a most Appropriate vision to have to 2012 because the Church is His Habitation Eph 2:19-22
4. This is a most appropriate vision becuase the Church is His bride. Eph5:22-27
January 1, 2012
You can have a need you are not conscious of. Just because we are not aware of the problem it does not diminish the seriousness of the problem.
When we look at what God did in John 3:16, He gave His only begotten son, that is an extreme move.
People treasure especially their only child. To understand, we go from the only begotten son to the perishing that is being prevented.
Every gift has two parts - the giving and the receiving. Both are required for the benefit to be realized.
John 1:11 - Unfortunately many do not receive the Son given.
They will not take advice. As Prov 11:14 and 12:15 - folly keeps us from taking counsel.
For as many as recieved Him, to them gave He the power to become the sons of God. We must recieve a son to ever take advantage of the benefits.
John 3:16 - eternal life Isa 9:6 lists: Counsel (advice), Mighty God, Father - provision care and protection Prince of Peace - The CEO of peace. When you know Him you will not lack it.